All general repairs and maintenance requests must be made in writing to our office. Please refer to the Trouble Shooting Guide included in your Tenant Moving In Kit before logging maintenance.
To make the process simple you can do this by using our FREE Tenant Maintenance Reporting App (designed for smart phones and tablets) or our Tenant Web Portal.
When logging maintenance please give as best description of the issue, make and model (if an appliance, air conditioner etc.) and attach a photo if possible.
Advise us of your instructions regarding arranging access so that we can process your request quickly and our tradespeople can schedule your job in. The quickest way to have repairs attended to is by allowing access for the tradespeople, you can do so by giving authority to use the agency’s keys to enable the required Tradesperson to access the property.
Please note that if you make a time to meet at the property with a tradesperson and you don’t show up, you will be given the invoice for the call out fee - Remember your manners.
Whilst we hope your tenancy will be trouble free, situations may arise that require urgent attention. Emergency items are generally those that could cause injury to the tenant or damage to the property, and may include:
* Water pipes have broken or burst
* Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available)
* Serious roof leak or gas leak
* Dangerous electrical fault, dangerous power point, loose live wire etc;
* Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage
* Serious storm, fire or impact damage (i.e. impact by a motor vehicle)
* Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
* Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance providing for water or cooking facilities on the premises
* Hot water service failure on a weekend, or long weekend (this would not be considered an afterhours emergency if this occurs on a week night)
* Faults or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure
* Faults likely to injure a person, cause damage or extreme inconvenience
Emergency maintenance must be reported immediately. All emergencies must be phoned through to the office as soon as possible and then formalised online or in writing. If you have endeavoured to contact our office unsuccessfully for the required approval then it is requested that in such an emergency you refer to the front page of your lease and contact the nominated repairers listed.
WARNING: If you do not log your emergency maintenance, you may be liable for the tradespersons cost.